History

History

History of the Dobrich Art Gallery in Dates

29 September1963 – establishment of thePicture gallery department at the Museum of History

15 November1964 – appointment of the artist Todor Balev to be a guide 

1964 – foundation of the Group of the Artists

30 April1965 – openingoftheArtGallery– onthefirstfloorof a building in the 25 September Street /opposite the St. George Church/

1974 – the Gallery in a new space opposite the entrance of the public park

1980 – upon Dobrudzha 1300 program, commemorating the 1300th anniversary of the foundation of the Bulgarian State, thebuildingoftheCountyCommitteeoftheBulgarianCommunistParty is given to disposaloftheGallery

1981-1982 – reconstruction of the building

22 October1982 – opening of the County Art Galleryin the present building


   The Dobrich Art Gallery is a museum of fine arts acting according to the Cultural Heritage Law.

Dobrich Art Gallery collects, explores and preserves works of art created by artists of different generations as well as materials related to the history of the gallery and the development of art in Dobrich, the region and the country.